Eugene Plaza,2nd Floor (Suit 327),
14 Woji Road, Port Harcourt,
Lagos Venue :
Centre for Management Development,
Management Village, Shangisha,
Off Old Lagos – Ibadan Express Toll – gate Ketu ,
Diploma in Safety & Security Management
This is a comprehensive safety and security course that covers BOTH Safety AND Security due to the high demand for a combination of safety and security skills. The course is designed to provide participants with the tools and approaches that are needed for strategic safety and security management.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
The primary target for this course will include persons who seek new careers or promotion in the field of safety and security management, the police, prison, military and other Government Security agencies. Others are personnel from the private sectors such as business enterprises, financial institutions, security officers from private security and the banking sector. The course is also very relevant to school leavers aspiring for careers in public and private security.
COURSE CONTENT :
SECTION 1 : Safety Management Fundamentals
- Meaning of Safety Management.
- Key Safety Management Concepts.
- Role of Safety Manager.
- Elements of an effective Safety Management System.
- Proactive Safety Management
- Meaning of Occupational Accident.
- Types of Workplace accidents.
- Common causes of workplace accidents.
- What managers can do to prevent workplace Accidents.
- Definition of security Management.
- Role of the Security Manager.
- Risk Analysis & Security Survey / Plan.
- Building & Perimeter Barriers.
- Intrusion & Access Control Measures.
- Security Reports and Record – Keeping.
- Public Relations & the Security Officer.
- The Security officer’s power of Search and Arrest.
- Arrests and Investigation.
- Industrial Disputes & the Role of Security.
- Court Procedure & the Law of evidence.
- End of Course Assessment / Test.
DURATION : 5 DAYS
TRAINING METHODOLOGY :
PowerPoint presentation, Practical demonstrations, Film Show, Training Handout.
CERTIFICATION : On successful completion of the course, each participant will be issued a DPR/Shell Accredited Diploma in Safety and Security Management Certificate.
COURSE FEE : N85,000 Per Participant.