Eugene Plaza,2nd Floor (Suit 327),
14 Woji Road, Port Harcourt,
Lagos Venue :
Centre for Management Development,
Management Village, Shangisha,
Off Old Lagos – Ibadan Express Toll – gate Ketu ,
Diploma in Safety & Security Management
This is a comprehensive safety and security course that covers BOTH Safety AND Security due to the high demand for a combination of safety and security skills.
The course is designed to provide participants with the tools and approaches that are needed for strategic safety and security management.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
The primary target for this course will include persons who seek new careers or promotion in the field of safety and security management, the police, prison, military and other Government Security agencies. Others are personnel from the private sectors such as business enterprises, financial institutions, security officers from private security and the banking sector. The course is also very relevant to school leavers aspiring for careers in public and private security.
COURSE CONTENT :Safety Content:
- Introduction to Health, Safety & Environment
- Principles and practice of Unsafe Act Auditing
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Fire safety/ First aid & CPR
- Occupational Health & Hygiene
- Environmental Protection/Waste Management
- Importance of HSE Incident Reporting & Investigation
- HSE Management System (HSE – MS)
- Hazard and Effect Management Process (HEMP)
- Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Permit to Work system (PTW)
- Journey Management System
- Duties & Responsibilities of a Safety Manager.
- Introduction to Security Management
- Duties & Responsibilities of a Security Department
- Risk Analysis & Security Survey
- Building & Perimeter Barriers / Surveillance Devices
- Intrusion & Access control measures/ Alarm systems
- Criminal law and security practice in Nigeria
- The security officers powers of Search &Arrest
- Arrests, investigation, interviewing & interrogation
- Security patrols/ security reports & record-keeping
- Public relations & the security officer
- Industrial disputes & the role of security
- Court procedure & the law of evidence
- The security manager – Duties & Responsibilities
DURATION : 5 DAYS
TRAINING METHODOLOGY : PowerPoint presentation, Practical demonstrations, Film Show, Training Handout.
CERTIFICATION : On successful completion of the course, each participant will be issued a DPR/Shell Accredited Diploma in Safety and Security Management Certificate.
COURSE FEE : N65,000 per Participant.