Eugene Plaza,2nd Floor (Suit 327),
14 Woji Road, Port Harcourt,
Lagos Venue :
Centre for Management Development,
Management Village, Shangisha,
Off Old Lagos – Ibadan Express Toll – gate Ketu ,
Shell [ SPDC ] HSE Competence Level 1, 2 & 3
By Law, HSE Competence is essential for all employees in industry to ensure that workplace risks are recognized and managed effectively. In line with this statutory provision, the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) set up a HSE training programme where independent external bodies train and certify persons for the oil and gas industry.
This 3-level HSE training programme is designed to provide participants with a thorough understanding of the different aspects of health and safety in the workplace with a view to ensuring compliance with the laws.
Participants will be equipped with appropriate HSE knowledge and skills to function as safety Officers.
REMEMBER, Work in Oil and Gas Companies are restricted to persons who are HSE Competent Certified.COURSE CONTENT:
Basic HSE (Level 1)
- Introduction to Health, Safety & Environment
- SPDC HSE Policies, Rules & Regulations
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Fire safety/ First Aid & CPR
- Importance of HSE Incident Reporting & Investigation
- Introduction to Occupational Health
- Introduction to Environmental issues.
- HSE Risk Assessment
- Principle/Practice of Unsafe Act Auditing
- Journey Management System/ Defensive Driving
- Emergency Response on site
- Permit to Work System (PTW)
- Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Environmental Protection/ Waste Mgt/ Environmental agencies
- CPR Methodology & Techniques.
- HSE Management System (HSE – Ms) / ISO 14001
- Hazard and Effect Management Process (HEMP)
- Contingency Management
- Medical evacuation procedure/principles of Resuscitation
- Logistics HSE (Transportation safety)
- Safety statistics (Data management)
- Managing Community Affairs.
- Security Management/ Security Planning/ Policy on asset protection.
COURSE DURATION : 4 days.
TRAINING METHODOLOGY : PowerPoint presentation, practical demonstration, film show, Training Handout.
CERTIFICATION : On successful completion of the course, each participant will be issued with the following 3-level DPR/Shell Accredited Certificates:
- Basic HSE (Level 1)
- HSE Appreciation (Level 2)
- HSE Supervision (Level 3).
COURSE FEE : N85,000 per Participant.